GOOD MORNING, SIBLINGS!
Today’s readings are Psalms 9-16
Click here to read today’s passages on BibleGateway.
A little more about Psalms:
- This is the second book of the Bible classified as Poetry. Job was the first one.
- The Hebrew name for this book is Tehillim, which means praises.
- There are 150 Psalms total, and this book is the longest book in the Bible. Psalm 119 is the longest Psalm – and it is awesome!
When you go through our readings today, see if you hit that part that started me singing and let me know in the comments on our Facebook discussion.
Psalm 16 is my FAVORITE Psalm but all of these are just wonderful. This part of our reading feels like a time to pause and just reflect on His goodness after all of the adventure and drama leading up to this point. I’m enjoying the praise, are you?
I especially love the parts where we sing the praises of our Heavenly Father and tell of His wondrous deeds!
As we read these words of David, recall that he is a man whom YHWH Himself said was after His own heart. Why was that? Remember in our reading: David wholeheartedly loved Him.
Pay special attention to the character of the Father that is exalted in Psalms. We will read of his unwavering majesty, faithful devotion, and tender care – take that to heart! This is your Father being written about and every word is true!
My notes are short as I work on administration for our study. Have a great day in the Word and post your notes in the comments. <3
Test everything, hold tight to what is good.~ 1 Thess 5:21
We are saved by Grace alone: Obedience is not the root of our salvation, it is the fruit!
May YHWH bless the reading of His Word!
- How Do I Observe Shavuot? - May 9, 2023
- Don’t Miss This Opportunity - May 3, 2023
- Take Your Journey - April 27, 2023